- I will treat all players, parents, opponents and referees with respect
- I will respect the interpretation of rules and judgement of the referees
- I will remember that I am a youth sports coach and that the game is for children and not adults
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of a personal desire to win
- I will teach each player as an individual, remembering that each player develops at a different social, physical, and mental rate
- I will be knowledgeable of the rules of soccer and will teach these rules to my players
- I will do my best to provide a safe playing environment for my players
- I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my players while recognizing the value of play in a child's development
- I will provide a sports environment for my team that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at all soccer events
- I will promise to review and practice first aid principles needed to treat injuries of my players
- My assistant coaches and I will lead by example by demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all players
- I will remind my team and fans to exhibit good sportmanship at all times, both when winning and when losing
Developed with assistance from the National Alliance for Youth Sports and the National Youth Sports Coaches Association.
PYSA member clubs are required to have all coaches sign the above pledge.